- March 29, 2018
- Google Maps Boost
- Matt Marquart
YOU’VE RELOCATED YOUR PRACTICE.
The name is the same, the phone number is probably the same.
But the address is different.
Be clear about this — you have a citation mess on your hands. (If you want to know what a citation is, you’ll need to click here. If you’ve passed the quiz, you know that a citation is your practice’s name, address, phone number and website.)
If you want to skip to the end, email me and request an audit of your practice’s citations.
CONSISTENT AND ACCURATE INFORMATION MATTERS.
Like, a lot.
It’s a fact, that a patient will visit another practice if your practice does not have accurate and consistent information on the internet.
Yeah, that’s crazy right.
33% of 18-34 year olds say they’ve visited the wrong location in the past year. 18-34 year olds!
They’re the ones who are supposed to know this stuff!
They are supposed to be good at the internet!
Luckily, there’s a few simple steps to take when your practice changes locations:
THE 7 MAGICAL STEPS FOR A PRACTICE ADDRESS CHANGE – PRACTICE RELOCATION PROCESS
- Change the easy stuff immediately – website, Google Maps, Bing, Yelp and Apple Maps
- Do a comprehensive citation audit of the practice (automated AND a manual audit)
- Start a citation clean up process, changing each listing of your practice on the whole interwebs
- Do an audit of the addresses of all of your practitioner listings
- Change all of those
- Look for opportunities to build new citations
- Keep a master sheet of all of these and the logins for the next time you move!
And here’s where you can find out how all of this fits into a Google Maps Boost.