- March 01, 2017
- Video Marketing
- Matt Marquart
Best practice for embedding a video in a PowerPoint
(updated: March 2019)
First download the video file.
Here’s how to download from the Wistia link that we send you. Click that button in the bottom right, then click Download. That’ll download a high-resolution MP4 file.
Steps to embed the video into PowerPoint
- You’ll need to download the video file (Check)
- Create a folder on your computer.
- Put both the video file and the PPT presentation in the folder
- Open PPT from the folder
- In PPT, go to Insert > Video > Movie from File
- Choose the video file from the same folder.
- Then save and close out of all of the applications
- I would then zip the whole folder, upload to a file sharing service like Dropbox and send the link of that zipped folder to whomever needs it.
- Open the PowerPoint from that folder for your presentation. That way, you don’t need to be connected to the internet.